Monrovia Meetings (28-30 Jan 2013)
The third meeting of the High Level Panel took place between 30 January 2013 and 2nd February 2013 in Monrovia, Liberia.
The HLP meeting in Monrovia will seek, amongst other priorities to:
- Discuss the elements of an outline for the Panel report and criteria for prioritizing the post-2015 agenda.
- Identify the drivers of economic transformation that need due consideration in a future global framework.
- Share evidence and consultation findings from various constituencies with members of the High Level Panel.
- Take stock of the emerging post-2015 agenda based on the discussions at New York and London and other Panel member contributions, so that Monrovia builds on this groundwork.
- Identify issues to be discussed at the fourth HLP meeting in Bali, Indonesia in March 2013.
The meeting will be organised around the central theme of 'National Building Blocks for Sustained Prosperity', with a particular focus on economic transformation. Topics under discussion will include:
- Enablers and barriers to economic transformation
- Equitable and sustainable outcomes
- Role of the Private Sector
- Governance and Institution building, with a particular focus on conflict-affected and fragile states.
CIVIL SOCIETY OUTREACH EVENTS
Civil society outreach events around this meeting will be enabled through meetings organised on 28th and 30th January 2013 (i.e. two days prior to the 3rd HLP meet and as part of Day One of the meeting). More information on civil society's participation during the third HLP meeting is available here.
- Day One: CSO Pre-Consultative Forum: The CSO Pre-Consultative Forum will be held on the 28th January 2013. This will be a full day program where CSOs will have an opportunity to meet among themselves in order to prepare for the engagement with HLP members and agree on strategic consensus positions.
- Day Two: CSO Outreach with the HLP: The second day of CSO outreach meetings will be held on the 30 January 2013, and will involve a two and a half hour meeting between forty CSO representatives and members of the HLP.
The Framing Questions that emerged from the 2nd HLP meeting in London will provide a context for the discussions held in the round tables and plenary sessions – and an opportunity for civil society groups who may not be in a position to be present in Monrovia to contribute to the deliberations. Details about the Framing Questions and how to respond to them are available here: