National Hubs - Liberia
Liberians United to Expose Hidden Weapons was the national lead agency for the Beyond 2015 hub in Liberia.
Numerous activities were carried out by Beyond 2015 in Liberia, including:
- Successful call for Beyond 2015 national hubs members to be included in Liberia's national delegation for the intergovernmental negotiations on the post-2015 agenda
- Sharing of Beyond 2015's key messages with members of the government
- National civil society deliberations on the post-2015 agenda through three regional consultations (click here to read the final report of the consultations).
- Two national forums on the post-2015 framework calling for CSOs to constructively engage the national government for the sustainability of peace and action against poverty and injustice in the country. Civil society actors, private sector, academics and students were amongst the participants. The outcome from the forums and Beyond 2015 positions were shared with relevant government ministries/agencies, especially the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Awareness-raising on the post-2015 process through use of media publicity and advocacy - e.g. adio talk shows (Sky FM/ TV radio, Voice FM, Power FM/ TV radio station, UNMIL radio stations) and newspaper articles to share Beyond 2015 advocacy messages