Call for coordinating CSOs on UN post-2015 thematic consultations
The UN is putting in place a series of thematic consultations on the post-2015 framework (see here).
Beyond 2015 will coordinate campaign input into the consultations in order to influence the official UN process and to help us build our own civil society position on the content of a post-2015 framework.
Thematic consultations will not take place before October. However, in order to provide legitimate and meaningful input, we should start working on this now. Beyond 2015 is seeking to work with trusted CSOs, who have the expertise, leadership and sectoral knowledge to coordinate joint civil society input on the thematic consultation areas. Coordinating agencies will be appointed through a competitive process.
At this stage, we encourage participating organisations who are interested in being the coordinating CSO which would bring together campaign input for a specific consultation to make Expressions of Interest in this role. Before expressing your interest, please carefully consider the following points about YOUR ROLE:
- Coordinate civil society input from Beyond 2015 to each of the thematic consultations run by the UN. You will coordinate this input on behalf of Beyond 2015 and the input will be in the form of a discussion paper.
- You are requested to draft the input, consult with the wider campaign and produce a final version that will be submitted to the thematic consultation as the Beyond 2015 contribution.
- You are not requested to coordinate the entire thematic consultation on behalf of or together with the UN.
- The thematic consultation undertaken by the UN are not identical with the 50 country consultations also undertaken by the UN. Hence this activity does not include running civil society consultations in your country.
- You have to be a participating organization of Beyond 2015.
Please ensure that your Expressions of Interest cover the following points and try to keep your answers short and to the point:
- Which thematic consultation your CSO is interested in
- Why your organization would like to be the coordinating organisation on thematic input
- What expertise your CSO has on this/these theme(s)
- How your organization would ensure that input represents the full range of civil society views
- Who would be the lead contact within your CSO
We encourage Beyond 2015 participating organizations to submit further expressions of interest until the new deadline of 13 July 2012 to email@example.com.