Beyond 2015 was created in 2010 to build a global civil society movement focusing on the new global development framework to replace the Millennium Development Goals after 2015.
An advocacy-based campaign, Beyond 2015 brought together civil society organisations around the world to achieve two key goals:
- A global, overarching, cross-thematic framework to succeed the Millennium Development Goals, reflecting Beyond 2015’s policy positions
- A participatory and inclusive process to develop this framework, responsive to the voices of those directly affected by poverty and injustice
- Equal partnership between civil society organisations from the global 'South' and 'North
- Shared leadership of the Campaign between civil society organisations from the global 'South' and 'North'
- Inclusive processes to ensure meaningful participation of member organisations in the Campaign's global decision-making and actions.