Beyond 2015 Asia
IMPORTANT: The Beyond 2015 Asia hub is no longer operational since October 2015.
Find out more below about some of the key actions carried out by the Beyond 2015 Asia Hub.
- Sharing of key position papers and advocacy messages, together with intelligence on the intergovernmental negotiation sessions, with civil society and government representatives - including during the 2015 ASEAN Civil Society Conference / ASEAN Peoples' Forum (21 - 24 April 2015), the Asia-Pacific Sustainable Development CIvil Society Forum (16-18 May 2015), and the Asia-Pacific Forum for Sustainable Development (21-23 May 2015)
- "Asia Media Challenge - From Policy to Action" launched (September-October 2015) to support the localisation of the post-2015 agenda and to foster greater awareness of the new agenda and better relations between civil society and media - yielding very positive results in a short amount of time (for more information click here; full reports: India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea)
- Concerted efforts by national lead agencies to secure CSO participation in government delgations during the post-2015 negotiation sessions in 2015
- Organisation of two side events during the 2015 UN Sustainable Development Summit focusing on SDG10 (inequality) and the translation of the SDGs in national development agenda
- Meetings with civil society to foster inclusive dialogue on the post-2015 agenda (e.g. dialogues co-led by the UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS), the UN Population Fund (UNFPA), the UN Volunteers (UNV) Programme and UN Millennium Campaign (UNMC))
Beyond 2015 Asia archives: click here