A maximum of 12 CSOs sit on the Executive Committee, reflecting the diversity of the membership of Beyond 2015.
The mandate of the Executive Committee includes:
- To represent Beyond 2015 in national, regional and international meetings and other fora related to Beyond 2015. All members of the Executive Committee should be able and willing to speak on behalf of Beyond 2015 with their constituencies, or at national, regional or international level.
- To provide guidance in the on-going discussion on the future of Beyond 2015.
- To be consulted on organisational management issues regarding Beyond 2015.
- To guide and overview work of the Secretariat.
- To implement the work plan and to ensure financial sustainability of the campaign until the end of the mandate.
- To develop influencing plans and positions.
- To engage constituencies in influencing opportunities.
For more details on the role of the Executive Committee please see its Terms of Reference.
Currently the Executive Committee of Beyond 2015 is formed by representatives of:
- Centre for Economic and Social Rights, CESR
- Ecosystems Work for Essential Benefits, ECOWEB
- Global Call to Action Against Poverty, GCAP
- Justice, Development and Peace Commission, JDPC
- Save the Children UK
- Secretariat of the African Decade of Persons with Disabilities
- The Seed Institute
The current Executive Committee is mandated until March 2014. See here for more dtails about the nomination procedure used to elect the current Executive Committee members.
The Executive Committee has produced the documents below:
- Submission to the Global Sustainability Panel, March 2011 (See here)
- Letter to the President of the UNGA, May 2011 (See here)
- Letter to the Under-Secretary-General of the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, May 2011 (See here)
- Towards a successor framework to the Millennium Development Goals. Next steps for the United Nations, October 2011 (See here)
- Memorandum of Understanding with GCAP, December 2011 (See here)
- ‘The World We Want - Beyond 2015’, A Toolkit for National Deliberations, December 2011 (See here)
- Beyond 2015 Response to the High Level Panel Announcement (10 May 2012) (See here)