The Process at a Glance
Feeling lost in the post-2015 process? Beyond 2015, CAFOD and CAN International have produced calendars. In addition, Sustainable Development 2015 has developed a timeline combining both the post-2015 and post-Rio+20 processes:
To find out more about forthcoming events related to post-2015, check out the Beyond 2015 website calendar - click on the event you are interested in for information and links.
Summary of the process so far
The Open Working Group (OWG) process ended in July 2014 with the elaboration of an Outcome Document. This document proposes 17 goals and 169 targets.
In a letter dated August 4, 2014, the President of the General Assembly forwarded a letter from the Co-Chairs of the Open Working Group on Sustainable Goals, H.E. Mr. Csaba Koriisi, Permanent Representative of Hungary and H.E. Mr. Macharia Kamau, Permanent Representative of Kenya, affixing the proposals of the Open Working Group, in accordance with paragraph 248 of resolution 66/288, and a record of its proceedings from its first to thirteenth sessions.
- The letter and enclosures would be submitted as an official document of the Assembly at its 68th session.
- As recommended by the OWG Co-Chairs, and with the consent of the membership, the PGA intended to propose that the Assembly decide to transmit the consideration of the document, containing the proposals of the Open Working Group, to the upcoming 69th session.
- 16 January 2014: Stakeholder Preparatory Forum on post-2015
- 4 December 2014: Secretary General's Synthesis Report
- 24 September 2014: UN General Assembly General Debate
- 23 September 2014: Climate Summit
- 11-12 September 2014: PGA Stocktaking event
- 10 September 2014: PGA Interactive meeting with Civil Society (please note new date! This was rescheduled from August 26)
- 27-29 August 27-29 2014: 65th Annual UN DPI/NGO Conference
Lost in the Post-2015 process? We hope that this mix of tools will help you to make sense of the official process to agree on the Post-2015 agenda.
|Source:||Source: CAFOD (Updated!)|
|Source: ESOG||Source: UN Foundation|
|Source: UN Water||Source:carloangelogonzales.com|
|Source: Triopolicy||Source: Triopolicy|
|Source: Centro Humboldt & SUSWATCH Latinoamérica|
Have you developed your own visual representation of the process? Share it with us and we'll publish it here.