UN High Level Panel
Mission, Members, Meetings and Beyond2015 activity on the UN High Level Panel on Post-2015
The United Nations Secretary-General appointed a High-level Panel of Eminent Persons in July 2012 to advise on the global development agenda beyond 2015, the target date for the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
The Secretary-General has appointed three co-chairs: President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono of Indonesia; President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia; and Prime Minister David Cameron of the United Kingdom.
The UN High-level Panel on post-2015 will provide recommendations on possible components of a post-2015 UN development agenda, as well as to contribute to the overall political process.
The Panel first meet at the end of September in the margins of the annual UN General Assembly and is expected to submit a report to the Secretary-General in the first half of 2013.
You can find the official website of the UN HLP here.
MEMBERS OF THE PANEL
- H.E. Mr. Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, President of Indonesia (Co-Chair)
- H.E. Ms. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, President of Liberia (Co-Chair)
- H.E. Mr. David Cameron, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (Co-Chair)
- Fulbert Gero Amoussouga (Benin)
- Vanessa Petrelli Corrêa (Brazil)
- Yingfan Wang (China)
- Maria Angela Holguin (Colombia)
- Gisela Alonso (Cuba)
- Jean-Michel Severino (France)
- Horst Kohler (Germany)
- Naoto Kan (Japan)
- H.M. Queen Rania of Jordan (Jordan)
- Betty Maina (Kenya)
- Abhijit Banerjee (India)
- Andris Piebalgs (Latvia)
- Patricia Espinosa (Mexico)
- Paul Polman (Netherlands)
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Nigeria)
- Elvira Nabiullina (Russian Federation)
- Graça Machel (South Africa)
- Sung-Hwan Kim (Republic of Korea)
- Gunilla Carlsson (Sweden)
- Emilia Pires (Timor-Leste)
- Kadir Topbaş (Turkey)
- John Podesta (United States of America)
- Tawakel Karman (Yemen)
- Amina J. Mohammed (member ex officio in her capacity as Special Advisor of the Secretary-General on Post-2015 Development Planning.
A short biography of the High Level Panel members and the Terms of References of the panel can be found here.
Meetings of the UN High Level Panel
- New York Meetings (Sept 2012) (More information here)
- London Meetings (Nov 2012) (More information here)
- Monrovia Meetings (Jan 2013) (More information here)
- Bali Meetings (March 2013) (More information here)
- New York Meeting (May 2013) (More information here)
Beyond 2015 and the UN High Level Panel
- September 2012 - Blog piece by Bernadette Fischler, representative of Beyond 2015 at the Open Dialogue with the HLP held on 25th September 2012 (here).
- August 2012 - Beyond 2015 press release on the announcement of the High Level Panel and its terms of reference (here).
- August 2012 - Civil Society statement on post-2015 High-level Panel (here)
- August 2012 - Beyond 2015 initial press release on High-level Panel announcement (here)
- July 2012 - Beyond 2015 meets Co-chair of post-2015 High-Level Panel and Liberian President Ellen Johson Sirleaf (here)
- June 2012 - Beyond 2015 Participatory Research Group writes to co-chairs of UN High Level Panel on Post-2015 (here)
- May 2012 - Beyond 2015 reacts to UN announcement on co-chairs of High Level Panel on post-2015 (here)
- May 2012 - Beyond 2015 recommendations on the Terms of Reference for the UN High Level Panel on post-2015 (here)
- April 2012 - Beyond 2015 recommends civil society representatives to the UN High Level Panel on post-2015 (here)